Inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy, Learning Spaces Nursery located in Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi partners with children, families, and the Khalifa City community to provide an inquiry-based education for children aged between 45 days and 4 years of age.
At Learning Spaces Nursery we provide an inspiring, exciting and safe environment for children, parents and staff to collaborate together. Teachers and children co-construct their learning experience through observation, intentional planning, creative environments, and active exploration of materials. Our goal is for each child to emerge as socially capable, creative citizens who love learning. Parental involvement, both inside and outside the classroom, creates a strong sense of community that enriches the nursery. Learning Spaces Nursery has always been and will always remain a responsive and flexible place, open to innovations in early childhood education and to the evolving needs of the Khalifa City community. We strongly believe in putting the rights of every child at the heart of what we do.
Our Aims are to:
- Provide a warm, caring environment that welcomes children and families of diverse backgrounds.
- Encourage young children to explore, experiment, create, and pursue challenging projects.
- Develop children's self-confidence, self-expression, independence, and love of learning.
- Guide children as they learn to play together and negotiate new relationships.
- Foster an appreciation of differences in personality and culture.
- Promote peace in our classrooms and in the world beyond.
- Prepare children, in a gentle way, for a more formal education in the years to come.